Well, another week has gone by and there is still no movement on the job front. I know something is bound to happen soon. I mean, this CANNOT go on forever! Anyway, just because I don't have any prospects there, it doesn't mean that I don't see movement in the yard from time to time. Yes, Lucy runs around in the backyard quite often during the day, but there are also a lot of bugs here. I mean, yes, there are bugs in MN, but seriously, this is like a whole other ballgame down here!! There are biting ants, fast little geckos, gigantic spiders (which I have to say that I am lucky because I haven't seen one that is too scary yet...knock on wood), and cicadas (At least I think that is what they are.) These were seen all over the place in the beginning of summer and now they are dwindling. They are seriously gross. I have no other word to describe them. It isn't bad enough that they make LOUD noises all the time, but they also shed their outer shell ALL over the yard....usually it is attached to something like the fence, trees, or a piece of furniture. Anyway, they are gross. To give you a good idea of what you might find hanging under the tree while you are mowing the lawn, here is a picture of Andy with them after he and his friend decided to take them off of the fence and get creative.

Love it :)
ReplyDelete