Daisypath Vacation tickers

January 13, 2013

Introducing Haddie Rose Martinson

Birth Story

Miss Haddie Rose made her way into this world late on Monday, December 17th at 11:35 P.M. If you don't already know, I was induced at about 6:00 A.M. that morning. My water broke around 9:30 A.M. and the process of waiting began. I had been far enough along that all they were doing was waiting for me to feel pressure...in other words, 100% effaced and 9 cm...Around 2:30 P.M. I had had enough of those lovely contractions so I had asked for the epidural. Seriously, it was a magic potion. I mean, I was going to try to be brave and tough it out, but I just couldn't handle it, and that epidural was pure heaven. I mean, I couldn't feel the bottom half of my body and my legs were like scary ghost legs that you feel in the middle of the night when one of your limbs falls asleep and it scares theliving daylights out of you because you think it is someone else'. You know exactly what I'm talking about.
Anyway, after 4-5 hours of the epidural and no signs of needing to push, the midwives convinced me to turn off the epidural. As I began to feel the contractions once again I thought, "Oh it's good that this is almost over." Ha! I began pushing at 9:00 P.M. and that little girl did NOT want to come out! First she was facing up, then she was facing sideways, and then back again. Just when we thought she would have to be helped out by using a vacuum, Miss Haddie graced us with her presence at 11:35 P.M. What. A. Relief.

As my midwife said, "She came out with her party hat on!" I'll spare you the pictures, as some people did not enjoy looking at them. For some reason it weirded them out. :) Besides her "hat" and stubborn delivery, Haddie came out perfectly healthy. We had no signs of low blood sugar from the gestational diabetes, and she has all 10 fingers and toes. Plus, she has a ton of beautiful, dark hair. There are many more details, but I'll spare you the nasty unless you ask me and really want to know. :)

Here are some of the many pictures that we have taken within the past 3 weeks. Enjoy!
 
 
 
Do you like my crazy hair? The nurse messed it up for my daddy to take a picture!
 
 
 
 
All cleaned up and ready for the first night with Mom and Dad!
 
 All ready to take my first car ride --ready to go home!
 
 
I got a new hat from the nurses because the cute knit one did not fit my head!
 

Andy and his girls on Christmas...minus me!
 
 
Just after Christmas, we had some visitors come to stay with us for about a week--the grandparents! Here are a few pics of us hanging out with the new babe.
 

 

 
 
 
We hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year! We know we did!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and the pj pants! Can't wait to meet Haddie! xxo

    ReplyDelete