Daisypath Vacation tickers

March 14, 2014

My 30th year...is over!

Wow, I can't believe it. 31. Really? 31? When did this happen? I mean, I was completely aware that I turned 30 last year and it didn't bother me in the least, but 31?! I just cannot seem to believe it the more I think about it.
Despite the scary number, I had a fabulous week: I had dinner with a few girlfriends last week, then I had happy hour with a few more on Wednesday.  My actual birthday consisted of me, Haddie, Jackie, Sally, and Libby meeting for brunch at the Good Day CafĂ©.  It was SUPER yummy! The girls even let us chat for a bit! Next, we headed out for a nice, long walk to enjoy the sunshine and warmer weather.  That was amazing!


Haddie also spent Wednesday with the Craigmile crew while her mamma was at work and her grandma is on vacation!




Thursday evening came around, and I met the hubs for happy hour at the Foshay Tower, with dinner at Manny's to follow.  It was AMAZING! Seriously, I ate so much delicious food, I could barely even move when we got home!  A shout out goes to my brother and his fiancĂ©, Kim, for taking care of Haddie so we could enjoy our fancy-shmancy dinner date!

Happy Hour at the Tower beforehand.



Scallops Benedict....I mean seriously, this was AMAZING! 

Filet Mignon with Bearnaise Sauce, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Loaded Mashed Potatoes....mmmm, I'm still drooling.



My birthday dessert...some sort of chocolate cake with Bailey's mousse, and homemade whipped cream and chocolate sauce. (There's still some in the fridge I'm having a hard time not eating before Andy gets home tonight!)

Other than birthday shenanigans, we have been enjoying the warmer weather.  Here are a few pictures.





Happy Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!

XOXO Kari




No comments:

Post a Comment