Unfortunately I did not get a chance to take a picture this week, but I did create a poster for it so that I didn't miss it!
This picture was taken right before we left for the airport at like 5 in the morning. I am obviously still sleeping. :) It was baby's first flight (in womb).
Once we returned to TX from our MN vacation, we both definitely needed another vacation. Boy, was it hard to adjust to work life again. Many things occurred that made me stressed out a bit I must admit! For 3 days AFTER the flight, I had "kankles" like I had never seen before! It was WEIRD! Normally, I have skinny ankles/feet and you can see every vein/bone in there, however, it was a much different and uncomfortable story for those 3 days. Since then, they have actually gone away and the only swelling that I have now is directly in my toes.
Another thing that I have had to deal with during this pregnancy is gestational diabetes. For those of you who don't know what this is, gestational diabetes is just that--I have type 1 diabetes when I am pregnant. The simple explanation is that because I carry the gene for diabetes (thanks grandpa!) I am more likely to have this when I am pregnant than others. During this time, my pancreas does not process glucose (sugars) like it normally does, which causes the baby to receive more sugar from me and make more insulin for himself. This can be dangerous if left untreated, but as of right now, things are looking to be okay. I have to record and regulate when and what I eat all day. I also have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day (1 fasting and 3 after meals). This has become a huge pain in the rear and I was VERY upset about it at first, but now, I have learned to deal with it better and realize that there could be MUCH worse things that I could be dealing with. I now have a new found respect for those who have to do this for the rest of their lives!!!!
(Let's hope that I can be responsible enough to keep myself healthy through my adult life so that I don't develop this later in life!)
After a VERY busy and LONG day at work (there was a festival on our street at work which allowed for record breaking sales!) I was forced to create this picture so that I didn't miss another week. I have finally started to take actual naps! YAY! This makes me feel better because I was worried about when the baby comes---how in the world would I learn how to nap!!! Yikes!

No comments:
Post a Comment