Daisypath Vacation tickers

August 25, 2011

Work in Progress

Well, this not nearly the beginning of our adventure here in Texas, but it's close enough.  It has been about two and a half months since we made the treck 16 hours from Minnesota to Denton, Texas.  Man, I can remember that week like it was yesterday... Considering how sad I was to leave my friends and family, I was actually really excited to start a new adventure with my husband, Andy, and our dog, Lucy. 


Since we arrived it has been two things: HOT and DRY.  Now, I know what you are thinking, "It's Texas.  It's supposed to be hot and dry."  Well, let me tell you something, this is not the "normal" hot and dry for Texas. Believe me, I asked the natives. :) Seriously though, even though it is not always humid, it NEVER cools down.  It's not like Minnesota where it is scorching hot during the day and cool so you can wear a sweatshirt at night; it is ALWAYS hot---even at 10 P.M. or 5 A.M. It is ALWAYS hot and dry.  :)


It is so hot, Lucy pretty much has no hair left, seriously.  After about 2 weeks, I could see her pink belly.  She even has some dark skin under her leg hair.  I swear, she still sheds bundles of hair a day.  We have wooden floors and I cannot go two days without sweeping. It is quite disgusting....and I am a dog person. :) Besides all of the shedding, Lucy is enjoying her new house.  She loves to take naps on the cool, carpetless floors, and she often stays outside to eat bugs, bark at the neighbor dogs, and get into other shenanegans for hours at a time.  (Sometimes I even forget when I let her out because she has been out there for so long!! She is a silly dog, but we love her!)




After our LONG drive to Texas, I think Lucy was a little confused, so she immediately too refuge in the only familiar place she could find, her kennel.


Lucy likes to hang with me in the "office" while I look for jobs.  As you can see, she is constantly wanting attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment